THANK YOU TO OUR PARTNERS
We would like to thank Lewis Drug for their support of the Sanford International Volunteer Program. This partnership allows us to provide our volunteers with a worthwhile experience.
THE LAST DATE TO RECEIVE A VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION REFUND IS SEPTEMBER 1ST
Why should I volunteer?
- Meet the legends of golf
- Be part of the excitement and close to the action
- Help our community host a premiere PGA TOUR Champions event
- Make an impact on the charitable efforts in your community
- Network with other volunteers and staff
- Help show off Sioux Falls and the Dakotas to the world
- Have fun!!!!
What does the volunteer registration fee cover?
Volunteer package includes:
- One (1) polo
- One (1) outerwear piece
- Choice of hat or visor
- Tournament badge
- Access to tournament grounds Wednesday-Sunday
- Breakfast and/or lunch during your shift
- Access to Volunteer Appreciation Party. Date: TBA
- Chance to play on Volunteer Play Day (9 OR 18 holes)
- Volunteers will get the opportunity to play Minnehaha Country Club on a specific day post tournament. Date will be announced after the tournament.
- Must volunteer for three (3) shifts to qualify for a chance to play at Minnehaha Country Club.
***Committees are filled on a first come first serve basis
What does the junior registration fee cover?
- One Sanford International t-shirt
- Sanford International hat
- Breakfast/Lunch during shift
- Commemorative pin for inaugural tournament
- Tournament Credential
- Access to tournament grounds Wednesday thru Sunday (with credential).
What is the uniform policy?
- Must wear the Sanford International volunteer polo, quarter zip (when applicable) and credential while working
- Khaki pants or shorts
- Closed toed shoes
Is there a minimum age limit to volunteer?
- Volunteers under the age of 18 have the option to be a junior volunteer. They can sign up to be a standard bearer or help on the driving range.
Can I watch golf when I am not working?
- Yes! Please join us out on the course to watch some golf. Your volunteer credential will serve as your admission pass for the week and we encourage you to use it.
- We do ask you not wear your uniform when off-duty, so please bring a change of clothes if you plan to spectate before or after your shift.
Does it matter when I register to volunteer?
- Volunteer spots are filled on a first come, first serve basis.
Can I choose my assignment?
- On the volunteer registration site, you will choose your top three volunteer committees. We will try our best to accommodate your first-choice, however some of the committees fill up quicker than others.
When do I find out my volunteer committee assignment?
- We will notify you via email in a timely manner confirming what committee you’re on.
- If you do not hear from us by July 1st, please email Remi Guthman.
Can I be scheduled (shift assignments) at the same time as my spouse, friend, etc.?
- Yes, when you fill out the volunteer registration site, you can sign up for the same days as your spouse or friend.
- You can also let your chair person know once they contact you.
If I am no longer able to volunteer, can I receive a refund?
- If you are unable to volunteer, please email Remi Guthman by September 1st to receive a refund.
Can I get autographs from players?
- Please refrain from asking for autographs and pictures while on duty. We do encourage you to get close to the action while off duty! Get autographs and take lots of pictures when you are able.
Can I volunteer for more than one committee?
- Yes, we often have needs for versatile volunteers who can perform more than one function.
- Please email Remi Guthman, the Volunteer Coordinator, to make arrangements.
Do you have volunteer opportunities outside the Tournament week?
- Yes, we need help in the Tournament office before and after the Sanford International. Please contact Remi Guthman for more information.
Are there volunteer opportunities that do not require me to be outside?
- Yes, to name a few, there are many committees such as transportation, hospitality, and office volunteer jobs that are largely in a climate-controlled environment.