There are many committee options to choose from! During registration, you will register for your top three committee preferences.
2023 Registration Will Open In The Spring
We would love to have you at the 2023 Sanford International, a PGA TOUR Champions event!
In addition to feeling good about donating your time and efforts to one of Sioux Falls biggest events of the year, volunteers also receive a number of perks!
- One (1) Sanford International logoed Sports Casuals golf shirt
- One (1) Sanford International logoed Sports Casuals outerwear piece
- Breakfast and/or lunch on days of volunteer service
- Tournament badge allowing access to grounds when you are not working
- Access to Volunteer Appreciation Party – Date and Location TBD
- Chance to play on Volunteer Play Day (9 or 18 holes). Volunteers will get the opportunity to play MCC on a specific day post tournament. Must Volunteer (3) shifts to qualify for a chance to play.
If have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Hannah Bullerman (firstname.lastname@example.org) or you may reach out to your Committee Chairperson.
If you any questions that are not included in the list below, please contact Hannah Bullerman, Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or by phone at 507-329-3616.
Q: Why should I volunteer?
- Meet the legends of golf
- Be part of the excitement and close to the excitement
- Help our community host a premiere PGA TOUR Champions event
- Make an impact on the charitable efforts in your community
- Network with other volunteers and staff
- Help show off Sioux Falls and the Dakotas to the world
- Have fun!!!!!
Q: When will volunteer registration open?
A: 2022 Volunteer Registration for standard volunteers is set to open May 1st 2022!
Q: Does it matter when I register to volunteer?
A: Volunteers spots are filled on a first come, first serve basis and many committees fill fast. We recommend registering as soon as available to volunteers.
Q: Can I choose my assignment?
A: While registering you will choose your top three (3) volunteer committee preferences. We will try our best to accommodate your fist-choice, however some committees fill up quicker than others.
Q: Can I volunteer for more than one committee?
A: Yes! We often have needs for versatile volunteers who can perform more than one function. Please email Hannah Bullerman, Volunteer Coordinator, to make arrangements.
Q: Are there volunteer opportunities that do not require me to be outside?
A: Yes, to name a few, such as Player Transportation, Hospitality, and office volunteer jobs that are largely in a climate-controlled environment.
Q: Do you have volunteer opportunities outside of the tournament week?
A: Yes, we need help in the tournament office, car distributions and uniforms prior and post tournament week. Please contact Hannah Bullerman for more information.
Q: If I am no longer able to volunteer, can I receive a refund?
A: If you are unable to volunteer and have not picked up your volunteer uniform package, please email Hannah Bullerman by September 1st to receive a full refund.
Q: What is the volunteer uniform this year?
A: The 2022 volunteer uniform is provided by Sports casual. You will receive a logoed polo and vest! Please note that bottoms are NOT included in the volunteer package and we ask that all volunteers wear TAN pants, shorts or a skort. Closed toed shoes required, no spikes allowed.
Q: Is there a minimum age for volunteers?
A: No! Volunteers under the age of 18 have the option to be a Junior Volunteer. Junior Volunteers can sign up to be a Standard Bearer or help on the Driving Range.
Q: What does the Junior registration fee cover?
- One Sanford International T-shirt
- Sanford International hat or visor
- Breakfast/lunch during shift
- Commemorative pin for inaugural tournament
- Tournament credential
- Access to tournament grounds with credential on any day not volunteering
Q: How many shifts will I be scheduled for during the tournament?
A: It will vary depending on the committee you are assigned; however each volunteer is required to work a minimum of three shifts in order to qualify to play in the end of the year volunteer golf outing at MCC, with each shift ranging from four to six hours. Some shifts may be longer due to the nature of the committee. You are highly recommended to be available for a Pro-Am tournament day (Wednesday or Thursday) as these are great training days, especially for first time volunteers.
Q: Can I be scheduled (shift assignments) at the same time as my spouse, friend, etc.?
A: We will make every effort to accommodate your scheduling requests. Make sure to select similar availability to the person you wish to work with during the tournament and to let your chairperson know once they contact you. Shift coordinating is only applicable within each committee (i.e. two people on different committees cannot be scheduled at the same times).
Q: How will I know my committee assignment?
A: Once you’ve completed the online registration, you will receive an email confirmation. After you have been assigned to a committee you will receive another e-mail with the committee name. Previous Sanford International volunteers have first choice, and new volunteers are assigned to committees on an as needed basis and therefore cannot be guaranteed a position. Be sure to register early as committees tend to fill quickly!
Q: How do I know my schedule? And when will I receive my schedule?
A: We ask you to help create your schedule by completing your availability during registration and update it when new information arises. This section of registration will be used to create the master schedule for your committee. After committee assignments have been made, your committee chairperson will assign you shifts for the week and notify you of your schedule. Any changes or issues with your schedule will be made through the committee chair.
Q: What does the volunteer registration fee cover?
- One (1) General Admission Sam Hunt Ticket
- One (1) polo
- One (1) outerwear piece
- Choice of hat or visor
- Tournament credential
- Access to tournament grounds Wednesday-Sunday (even when not volunteering)
- Breakfast and/or lunch during your shift
- Access to Volunteer Appreciation Party- Date TBD
- Chance to play on Volunteer Play Day (9 or 18 holes- first come first serve)
- Volunteers may get the opportunity to play Minnehaha Country Club on a specific day post tournament. Date will be announced after the tournament.
- Must volunteer for three (3) shifts to qualify for a chance to play at MCC
***Committees are filled on a first come first serve basis
Q: Can I purchase extra uniform items?
A: Yes, you may purchase them in the Volunteer Headquarters during tournament week. May be available for sale at the uniform distributions as well.
Q: Can I watch golf when I am not working?
A: Yes! Your volunteer credential will serve as your admission pass for the entire week and we encourage you to use it. We ask that you only wear your uniform when on duty, so please bring an extra shirt if you plan to spectate before or after your shift. This is for your benefit as spectators will likely stop you and ask questions when wearing your volunteer uniform.
Q: Can I take photographs or ask for autographs?
A: Please refrain from asking for autographs and pictures while on duty. We do encourage you to get close to the action while off duty! Get autographs and take lots of pictures when you are able.
Q: What happens if it rains?
A: The event will go on and we will need your help. Make sure to report to your committee’s check-in location prior to your shift, rain, or shine.
Q: Where do I go to report to duty?
A: Your volunteer chairperson will give you specifics on where to meet.
We will be doing a referral program again this year, so please invite someone to come join the fun! Each time you refer someone, you will be entered in a drawing to win a pair of PREMIER Club tickets!
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Share your excitement of being a Sanford International Volunteer with your friends and family.
- Any individual that completes registration to volunteer for the 2022 Sanford International and responds with your name in the referral question field will be considered an entry for you in the contest!
- The individual(s) with the most entries will qualify to win one of the listed prizes below.
REFERRAL CONTEST PRIZES:
- First Place – Signed Sanford International Flag by Steve Stricker, Rocco Mediate, or Miguel Ángel Jiménez
- Second Place – Wingman Bushnell Golf Speaker
- Third Place – Hudson Sutler SI Logoed Insulted Cooler
- Fourth Place – Free Volunteer Package
***Winners will be notified in September
Uniform Distribution’s (3 options)
- Aug 24th | 3-7pm
- Location- Scheels
- Sept 1st | 4-8pm
- Location- Scheels
- Sept 3rd | 11am – 3pm
- Location- Scheels
Uniform Shipping also available for $20- Please contact Hannah Bullerman to set up shipping firstname.lastname@example.org
- Located at the Empire Mall (5000 W Empire Mall, Sioux Falls, SD 57106)
- Volunteer Lot located on West side of mall (Signs will be present)
- Don’t forget your Volunteer Parking Pass and credential!
Volunteer Bus Schedule
- The Shuttle busses are available from opening lot times until one (1) hour after play is completed each day
- Busses will run on 15-20 minute intervals
- Monday, September 12th @ 5:30 AM-7:30 PM
- Tuesday, September 13th @ 5:30 AM- 7:30 PM
- Wednesday, September 14th @ 5:00 AM- 8:00 PM
- Thursday, September 15th @ 5:00 AM- 7:00 PM
- Friday, September 16th @ 6:30 AM- 6:00 PM
- Saturday, September 17th @ 6:30 AM- 6:00 PM
- Sunday, September 18th @ 6:30 AM- 6:00 PM
*Please Note- Bus schedule is subject to change
Join us for food, beverages, and some golf fun with your fellow volunteers!
- September 10th | 5-7pm
- Great Shots- Lower-level entrance
- Food/beverage provided
- Golf bays open for use
- Uniforms available for pickup + additional uniform and vintage Sanford International apparel for sale!
**This event is for volunteers ONLY
OFFICIAL VOLUNTEER SPONSOR: