2020 Volunteer Committees
Not sure which committee is the best fit for you? Meet our 2020 Volunteer Chairs and hear their perspective of each committee.
Nan Baker – Volunteer Headquarters and Uniforms
- Describe your Volunteer Headquarters/Uniform Committee. We are the tournament Kitchen Table. Our committee creates a gathering place to share meals, good times, memories, heavy hearts, fickleness and folly.
- Why do you volunteer? After doing it most of my life, I’ve found out, I’m pretty darn good at it. Also the mission of this tournament aligns with one of my core beliefs, continuous improvement. As a result we are making an economic impact and supporting local charitable organizations. All the while, experiencing memorable golf.
- What is your favorite part about volunteering for Sanford International? A mixture of volunteer, spectator and golf professional’s mindset; focused, motivated, positive, fun. There is an infectious energy and we keep bringing it back.
- Where is your hometown? Spencer, Iowa. Home of the Clay County Fair. I’m proud of my NW Iowa roots.
Austin Bramley – Driving Range/Practice Facilities
- Describe your Driving Range/Practice Facilities Committee. When volunteer training began for the 2019 Sanford International, very few of us on the Driving Range / Practice Facilities committee knew one another, but by Sunday’s final round, relationships were formed, and friendships were bonded. As cheesy and cliché as that sounds it is absolutely the truth. During the week of the Sanford International, we are tasked with maintaining the driving range, short game area and putting green by ensuring golf balls are available for practice for both professional golfers and amateurs on Pro-Am days. Additionally, we assisted with general operations including identifying players with their appropriate nameplates, verifying credentials, distributing range balls by hand and helping with clinics.
- Why do you volunteer? The Sanford International is a premier event in Sioux Falls and it is an honor to be involved in such a successful event. Working on the driving range is labor intensive and can sometimes get a little hectic but knowing that we play a key part in making sure the professionals have a top-notch experience at Minnehaha Country Club is very rewarding.
- What is your favorite part about volunteering for Sanford International? My favorite part about volunteering for the Sanford International is being apart of a major sporting event while being up close to all the action. Additionally, I enjoy meeting new people and providing the professionals a first-class experience during their time in Sioux Falls.
- Why should someone sign up for your committee? I encourage those who enjoy sports, love being outdoors and interacting with different types of people for the greater good of the Sanford International to volunteer. Volunteering at this PGA Champions Tour event is enjoyable and rewarding! I hope to see you in September 2020!