What You Need to Know
Make your Sanford International experience go as smoothly as possible with these tips and guidelines.
What to Wear
This is an event for all members of the community. All spectators should wear comfortable shoes and clothing in anticipation of walking between venues and attractions around the course. The Midwest weather can turn in a moment so check the weather and dress accordingly. If there is ANY chance of rain – bring a rain coat! We will have an on-site meteorologist to make sure you, your family, and friends have plenty of notice in the event of dangerous weather or pending storms. Again, comfortable shoes are a must – this is an athletic event after all!
What to Bring
Please be sure to have your tournament credential (ticket). If you do not have a ticket, Tournament Will Call and tickets for purchase will be available just outside the DRIVESafeSD.com Main Entrance to the Sanford International on 22nd street. All spectators must have a credential or ticket to be allowed on to the tournament grounds. Spectators are also encouraged to bring items to protect from the sun, rain or ground conditions. This may include, sunscreen, umbrella, outerwear, slide resistant shoes, blanket, or portable chairs (metal folding chairs will be NOT be allowed). Don’t forget to bring your phone to take pictures of the players, the course and other fan activities!
Create a Plan Before Leaving the House
Please visit Sanfordinternational.com for the most up to date tournament information. If you have any questions please call 605-271-7825. A map of the course grounds and important destinations will be located on the Tournament website and Tournament grounds.
- Wednesday, September 18th – 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Thursday, September 19th – 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Friday, September 20th – 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Saturday, September 21st – 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Sunday, September 22nd – 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Gates open one hour before play and close approximately one hour after play.
If you need information on course, Information Kiosks will be identified by an orange umbrella. There are 5 Information Kiosks located throughout the course.
Prohibited Items List
- Rolling duffle bags or backpacks
- Cameras Friday-Sunday
- Metal folding chairs
- Radios & camcorders
- Large memorabilia
- Carry items larger than a small purse
- Signs, posters or banners
- Firearms, knives or weapons of any nature
- Coolers and beverages, other than a sealed water bottle or special items such as baby formula
Mobile Device Policy
- Devices must be on silent at all times; flash may not be used.
- Devices may be used to capture video, audio and photos (content) in all areas throughout tournament week.
- Content may be used for personal purposes (personal social media); no commercial use.
- No live streaming or real-time coverage (no shot-by-shot coverage).
- Data use (texting) is permitted in all areas throughout tournament week.
- Phone calls are allowed only in designated areas.
- Please be respectful of play and do not interfere with players, caddies or media.
- All posted signage and instructions from tournament staff must be observed.
- Failure to comply with this policy may result in the revocation of your ticket.
Will Call Information
Tickets, sponsor parking passes, and other credentials may be picked up or dropped off at Will Call. It is located at the DriveSAFESD.com Main Entrance. Proper photo ID is required to pick up credentials.
Will Call Hours:
- Wednesday | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Thursday | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Friday | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Saturday | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Sunday | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Stay behind the gallery ropes and follow the marshal’s directions at all times.
- Do not cross fairways except at designated crosswalk areas.
- Always look both ways before crossing a cart path.
- Be considerate of others, and kneel or sit if you find yourself in the front row of the gallery.
- Walk carefully, never run.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Remain silent through each shot, and do not move until all players in the group have played or holed out.
- Children under 12 should be kept at a safe distance while play is in progress. Parents should take extra precautionary measures when choosing a viewing location.
- Watch the tournament “Parade Style” by picking a spot and watching the field pass by or “Cross-Country Style” by following a particular player or group around the course.
Wednesday and Thursday of tournament week are the best days to obtain autographs. The best place to get autographs is the Scheels Autograph Zone on Hole #18, around the practice areas, or as they walk from the green to the next tee on Pro-Am days.
Other important tips:
- Be aware of where you parked and carpool if possible.
- Keep your ticket displayed prominently at all times.
- Concession stands are located throughout the course. Check the Course Map for the location closest to you.
- ATMs are located on course as well – see the Course Map for locations.
- Stay behind the gallery ropes and follow marshal’s instructions.
- Kneel or sit if you are in the front row.
- Remain still through each shot and do not move until all players in the group have played or completed the hole.
- Spectators and volunteers are not allowed to leave folding chairs unattended anywhere on the course, including overnight and greenside.
- Please do not run on the course at any time.